By now, you've heard of essential oils. You've seen the ads, heard from friends and might have even experimented with a few. It's no secret that essential oils have changed the lifestyle and wellness landscape. They don't just smell wonderful, but they have numerous healing properties that are especially beneficial during pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Essential oils are more than just aroma therapy, they can honestly improve your quality of life. Whether you're a woman on mission, an expecting mama, or already have little ones running around, essential oils can help balance emotions, ease physical pain, level out hormones, relieve stress and promote relaxation. But because there are so many brands out there, it's hard to know which oils are the most effective and which ones to buy.
For us here at Pure Births, we've tried them all, and hands down agree that doTERRA is the most effective. We love doTerra because they are top shelf quality, vigorously tested, and time and time again they outshine the rest. Whether used topically, internally or diffused, doTerra is the only company out there that provides CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essentials oils, trusted and loved by millions of people all over the globe.
Let's take a deeper look at 8 of our favorite essential oils for Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond:
1. Lavender. One of the most versatile oils. It is known for promoting relaxation, tension relief and sleep. Lavender is an amazing oil, and one that you should always have on hand in your purse, at home and at the office. This oil is a gift that just keeps on giving.
2. Balance. This grounding blend has a warm, woody aroma that promotes calm, well being and the balancing of emotions. This is especially beneficial during the trying moments of pregnancy, birth and postpartum. It’s a wonderful oil for bringing harmony and balance to your life.
3. Peppermint. This is a mix of water mint and spearmint. It has the power to ease nausea, and stomach discomfort. It also smells amazing and oh, so refreshing when diffused.
4. DigestZen. This wonderful blend has the ability to ease indigestion, stomach upset and gassiness. DigestZen Touch can be applied directly to the skin near the area of discomfort.
5. Serenity. This oil calms the senses and promotes a good nights sleep. A wonderful oil to assist with any sleeplessness, depression or anxiety related to pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
6. Citrus Bliss. A beautiful blend of uplifting citrus oils. Promotes feelings of joy and energy. This oil can help relieve stress and can also be used as a cleaning agent in the home.
7. Yoga Collection. These blends were formulated specifically for your yoga and meditation practice. Anchor, Align and Arise will steady, center and enlighten your spirit as you breath in and out.
8. Past Tense Blend. Totally worth the purchase, and one oil to always keep in your bag. This roller blend will relieve headaches, neck pain and tension. It smells amazing and is sure to please.
Essential oils are life changing, natural remedies that have been used for centuries. If you're into holistic healing, and are interested in learning more, please contact us here at Pure Births. We host numerous events that will allow you to learn more as well as get in touch with other beautiful mamas and experts in the world of essential oils and mindful living. Give yourself the gift of natural healing. Your whole family will thank you!
Please note: While essential oils are generally safe, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, always talk to your midwife or doctor before use.
Written by Christine Rapsys, Writer and Pure Births Mama