Breastfeeding has so many benefits for mama and baby!
Classes offered for Breastfeeding Education and our breastfeeding support groups will be taught by Donna Cohen IBCLC and Tiffany Gallo LM, CPM, LE. You will receive evidenced based, thourough and accurate breastfeeding education. We recommend that every mother take a breastfeeding education class prior to giving birth.
- Breastfeeding Anatomy & Physiology
- Breast Changes and Milk Production
- Baby Lead Latching, Immediately After Birth
- Golden Hour
- Different Nursing Positions
- Establishing an Adequate and Healthy Milk Supply
- Latching Techniques
- Common Concerns and complications
- Nipple Care
- What to expect the first few days and weeks
- Nutrition For Mom
- When to Introduce Pumping or Supplementation
- How To Involve Your Partner
- When to call a Lactation Consultant
- Breast Pumps From Your Insurance Company
- What if I have to return to work soon after my baby's birth
Breastmilk is best for your baby. It contains all the vitamins and nutrients your baby needs. Breastmilk is also packed with diesase fightening substances to protect your baby against illnesses.
Additionally, Pure Births offers an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) to our birthing families and community.
Please look at our education calendar for upcoming classes.
Duration: 2 hour Breastfeeding Class
Fee: $125 per couple