Learn More About Our Postpartum Doulas
- All Pure Birth Postpartum Doulas are Certified Postpartum Doulas
- We offer only evidence based breastfeeding support: latch and positioning
- All of our Postpartum Doulas are lactation educators or are in process of becoming lactation educators
- We offer newborn care education, soothing techniques and helpful tips for parents
- We may offer baby wearing support and can offer instruction and techniques with wraps, slings, and structured carriers
- We always offer emotional and physical support during your recovery from labor & delivery
- We understand normal newborn sleep patterns and will offer tips, suggestions and evidence based information support your transition into parenthood
- We will offer meal preparation, light housekeeping and laundry for the baby
- We can accompany mother and newborn to doctor appointments If requested (PD may not drive mother)
- We always offer unlimited phone, text and email support
- All our Postpartum Doulas come highly recommended and can provide professional references as needed
Pure Birth Postpartum doulas support, nurture, educate and empower the mother and her family during this great time of change. Our Postpartum Doulas have extensive training with newborn care, postpartum wellness, emotional and physical support after birth.
Your Postpartum doulas is a mentor who answers your questions and provides much needed assurance in a gentle, non-judgmental way, allowing you to develop your own unique parenting style.
Postpartum care begins after the birth of your baby for a minimum of 4 hours per day for as many days or weeks as you choose. We will customize a schedule to meet your needs, it’s entirely based on the personal needs of your family.